I am running Vista and when I attempt to run the Online Bible I am getting the error message "Online Bible 32 Bit Version has stopped working."
1. Open Windows Explorer.
2. Location the application executable (Program Files\Bible\Olb.exe).
3. Right click the executable and click the Properties option.
4. Select the Compatibility tab.
5. Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option.
6. From the drop-down list, choose "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
7. If necessary, select the option to run the program as an administration.
After trying to install a Bible module this error message was displayed:
"Online Bible Program install files damaged or missing. Download latest program from ..."
Is the downloaded file damaged?
This message indicates that the Online Bible program is not installed on your hard drive. The Bible module will not work if it cannot find the program. Download and install the latest program file from our website. After installing the program re-install the Bible module you downloaded.
Installing the Starters Pack by double clicking the downloaded file results in a quick flash only
The files are zipped in a self-extracting zip-file. Your operatingsystem (Vista?) is possible not able to run this
unzip-executable. Please open the file with the unzip software on your computer, save the files in a
temporary map and run the setup.exe
I am getting the error message saying "Damaged Install msg file: Each entry must have 16 lines and a header."
First check the "C:\Windows\Temp" folder for any files and delete them. Follow the steps below:
- Start Disk Cleanup by on Start, clicking on Programs, then Accessories, then System Tools, and finally on Disk Cleanup.
- Select the "C:" drive. Click on OK.
- Make sure that "Temporary files" is checked in the list. Click on OK.
Re-install the Online Bible program. Re-boot the computer.
If this does not solve the problem you will have to un-install the Online Bible program.
- Open "Control Panel" and click on the "Add/Remove Programs" icon.
- Look for Online Bible and select it.
- Click on the "Add/Remove" button.
Re-install the program.
I received an error message saying "Font did not install correctly." How do I correct this?
Re-booting the computer will usually solve this problem. If the fonts do not install during the initial installation, they are placed in the Bible directory and the OLB program will re-install the fonts the next time it is started.
I received the following message saying "Obsolete Microsoft Help system MAY CAUSE installation to lock up." What should I do?
If the installation continues without locking up do not be concerned about the message. It only indicates that you have an older copy of the MS help system. We have the help update posted on our site. You should download and install the file to update your help system. Click here to download.
If installation halts you will need to download and install the update. Re-install the Bible program.
A message box was displayed saying that I should set the screen resolution to 1024 by 768. Will the program work OK if I leave the resolution at 800 by 600?
Yes, the program will work OK. This message is only a suggestion on which resolution will work the best with the program. You do not have to switch settings if you do not want to.
Still cannot get the program to run?
- Clean out the temp directory.
- Start Disk Cleanup by clicking Start, pointing to Programs, pointing to Accessories,
- Point to System Tools, and then clicking Disk Cleanup.
- Select the C: drive to clean up.
- Select "Temporary files" in the disk cleanup section. Click on OK to start.
- Download and install the latest program update. During the installation leave out the CD.
- Start up the program with the CD in the drive.
- If you do not have the CD download and install the basic starter pack.
- Set your video display to the lowest setting (16 color). If the program runs at this setting, update your video drivers.